Scripture Lookup

Scripture Lookup (Reference or key words)

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

#2 Thing God Hates

#2 thing that God hates: A lying tongue. We all know the horrible effects of telling untruths or even half-truths. We are ALL guilty of this. No matter how hard we try, it is just so easy to spread that "I heard" or "she said" without going to the source and trying to find the TRUTH! Even the most righteous among us will take a bit of information that was told to them and tell another without thinking to check the truth. We all get those email forwards warning us of scams, giant snakes that eat people, roach eggs in your envelopes...you know the ones. It struck me one day, "is this really true? Am I spreading a lie by sending this on without checking it out?" From that point on, I try to examine all of those things before forwarding to determine if they are true. We don't want our name attached to a lie, right? So in our everyday lives, how much more should we examine the truth before "forwarding" it on to another. Proverbs 26:28 says "A lying tongue hates those it hurts..." Wow, that is hard to ponder....because the bible also says "Anyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life in him." 1 John 3:15 WHOAAAA! If I tell a lie that means I hate the person I hurt and if I hate them I'm a murderer? When you think about it like that, it is pretty easy to see why God hates a lying tongue. Most of the time, telling a lie is easier than telling the truth....why? Because of satan. He is the father of lies. God is the Father of the Truth. Nobody said that living righteously would be easy...so let's bite that tongue before telling anything that may not be true. GOD HATES A LYING TONGUE!

No comments: