Scripture Lookup

Scripture Lookup (Reference or key words)

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Eternity Starts Now

Have you considered this thought…The moment that you accept Jesus as your Savior, your eternal life begins. This is the message our pastor preached on Sunday.  I’ve been pondering this thought.  We are to forget what is behind us and move forward toward our ultimate goal…which is eternity with our Lord.  Paul speaks of this in Philippians. “Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.  Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.  All of us who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you.”  Philippians 3:12-15

This morning I awoke “thinking differently”.  ALWAYS after Christmas, I start stressing about money, bills, and losing weight. I get a little depressed because Christmas is over so soon.  But VERY quickly, God made this clear to me….YOU ARE LIVING YOUR ETERNITY NOW!  None of that really matters.  If you view each moment as part of your eternal life, will you stress about money?  There is no money in Heaven!  Will you be worried about being overweight or becoming sick or having a disease?  There is no sickness in Heaven!  Will you become depressed or sad?  There are no tears in Heaven!  Our goal is to keep our eyes on the prize and don’t sweat the other stuff!   If I focus on Him, He will take care of the rest so that I can run this race and do His will.

Every time Satan attacks us with things that are of this world, we need to remember we are already living our eternity.  We need to take care of business and be as healthy as possible so that we can be our best as we do God’s work.  We will not reach perfection while on this earth, but we are to strive to be more like Christ each and every day. If we do this, everything else will fall into place. 

No comments: