Scripture Lookup

Scripture Lookup (Reference or key words)

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Impress

Impress = to press one thing onto another.

When most people think of the word "impress"  they think about making an impression on other people.  Me?  My first thought was "impression mold."  Why?  Because for about a year I was obsessed with watching cake decorating shows on TV.  I DVR'd every single show that came on and watched them all.  In my vast knowledge that I gained, I learned that just about any shape you want can be obtained by using impression molds and fondant or gum paste. You just press the stuff in the mold and... BAM, you have an edible design (or sea shell or leaf or whatever!) Neat, right??   


 "Yet you, LORD, are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter;
 we are all the work of your hand."
Isaiah 64:8 NIV

He is the potter, we are the clay.  So, basically, we are the fondant, He is the Impression Mold.  He molds us and makes us what He wants us to be. 

We are His impression.  

Hmmm...what will we do with this knowledge today?  Thank Him for making us exactly who He wanted us to be?  I hope so. 
(And maybe even thank Him for cake!)  


No comments: