Scripture Lookup

Scripture Lookup (Reference or key words)

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The Question

The last couple of days, I have felt an urgency like never before to ask my friends and loved ones “THE QUESTION”.  If you died today, where would you go?

I am certainly not your judge.  Only God can judge your heart.  But I do know that the bible says we will “know them by their fruit” (Matthew 7:19-20)…..and some of you are not very fruity!

Something to think about:  From GotQuestions.org

“True saving faith is always manifested by good works and a life that desires to live in obedience to God. Ephesians 2:8-10 makes it very clear that works do not save us but that we are saved “for good works which God prepared beforehand that we would walk in them.” When we are truly born again you will have hearts that are transformed by the power of the Holy Spirit where God’s law is written so that we might walk in His statutes and judgments. As Paul wrote in 2 Corinthians 5:17, “Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.”

Faith without works is dead because it comes from a heart that has not been regenerated by God. It is an empty profession of faith from someone to whom Christ will say, “I never knew you. Depart from me, you evildoers.”

I have had times in my life after I became a Christian when I was not living for the Lord.  But during those times, I was miserable with conviction from the Holy Spirit living within me.  If you feel that way, that is a good thing.  That means you have Him!

But if you are a carnal Christian living in sin and selfishness, and you have no conviction or remorse, you may need to examine yourself. You may not actually have a personal relationship with Jesus…and that is a very frightening place to be.     

This life is temporary.  We are NOT guaranteed tomorrow.  I want to spend Eternity with all of you.

Please, check your heart.  Examine your fruit.  Jesus wants to have a relationship with you, just like you want to have a relationship with your children.  But even more so, He wants to save you from eternal pain and torture.  He wants you to have an abundant life!  He died for you to have that life. 

I am here for you.  I will help you in any way that I can.  My heart aches for you to know the joy and peace that comes from knowing that you are secure.     

No comments: