Scripture Lookup

Scripture Lookup (Reference or key words)

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

A Song Arises from the Slimy Pit

I have put my testimony on my blog in the past...the story of my life and how God changed me into a vessel that He could use. http://smayo1013.blogspot.com/2011/02/my-testimony.html

Sometimes in the heart of the "changed" me...Satan tries to plant that seed of doubt, reminding me of the wretched person that I was before.  He wants my mind to go and dwell there, back in the slimy pit where sin abounded and there was no light.  He wants me to believe that noone wants to hear anything I have to say..or sing...because Im not holy...Im imperfect, Im sinful, Im selfish.  And if he can suceed in getting me to go back there in my mind...he can hold me back from the path that God has laid for me. 



Im sure I am not alone.  Im sure that people in ministry positions all over the globe are struggling with this very thing.  Satan says, "Who do you think you are that God could use you...have you forgotten that you ___________(fill in the blank)." 

But today I am reminding myself...and all of you...

"He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.  He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear the LORD and put their trust in him."  Psalm 40:2-3


No comments: