Scripture Lookup

Scripture Lookup (Reference or key words)

Monday, May 14, 2012

Rebuilding My Temple

I shared a song at church the other day that I had written called, “House of God”.  It talks about the fact that WE are the church…not the building that we meet in.  It is based, in part, on this scripture: 1 Corinthians -17 NLT - “ Don't you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you? God will destroy anyone who destroys this temple. For God's temple is holy, and you are that temple.”

After focusing on that scripture, I started thinking about how I was treating my “temple”.  Sadly, I realized that I was slowly destroying it…and I only get one!  I was very overweight, I never exercised, and I ate entirely too much junk.  My feet and knees were hurting, my back was aching and I was so short of breath, I could barely sing. I knew that God was not pleased with how I was treating His “building”. 

So, I decided it was time to get it in gear!  I went back to Weight Watchers, because that had worked for me in the past.  I got some great exercise buddies to go to the track with me…they won’t let me be a slacker! But most importantly, I asked the Lord to help me rebuild my temple.  He reminds me every day that “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Philippians NKJV

And now I am letting you -the whole cyber world- know about my renovation plans!  If I know people will be watching me, I will have to stay on track!  “Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every WEIGHT that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us RUN with endurance the race God has set before us." Hebrews 12:1 NLT  

We are the temple of the LIVING GOD!!!  What better motivation could we have than that? I challenge everyone who reads this post to join me and LET THE REBUILDING BEGIN!!    

No comments: