Scripture Lookup

Scripture Lookup (Reference or key words)

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

We Saw God at Church Camp


I know that every year I say that church camp was amazing and couldn’t get any better…but this year something was different.  I really cannot put my finger on it, I just know something was different.  I have attempted many times to begin to put into words what we experienced, but I just cannot seem to explain it with mere words.  (I hate to use the phrase, “you just had to be there,” but you kind of did.)  SO instead of me telling you what happened, I thought I would share a few quotes by some of our teenagers…
 

“this past weekend has been a real eye opener, and I am so very blessed that I attended. I couldn't be more grateful to have such an amazing group of people to be there when I need them. Hearts were changed and relationships were mended throughout this camp, so many laughs were shared and tears were shed but so worth getting to worship and grow closer to God with a youth group like this. Thank you to the sponsors for taking the time and working so hard for all of us and a special thank you to @thedavidfarren for coming to lead us in worship, so very grateful for all of you.”
 
My heart is so full, and I am becoming a better inspiration and bigger leader than ever before. I am blessed to not only have these people in my life but the rest of our youth group as well. It is our job, now, to hold each other accountable for the decisions we make daily. I love each and every one of you, and I cannot express my readiness for the changes that are taking place. God showed up and showed out this weekend, that's for sure.”
“My life is forever changed. My heart is so much fuller and there's so much weight lifted off my shoulders. This weekend church camp changed me for the better, and I can't thank my friends enough for inviting me. I love you all so much and above all I love God more than anything now.”
“Church camp was amazing. Came home with a full heart and NO TURNING BACK. I love my church family soooo much.”
 
"I’ve got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I’m off and running, and I’m not turning back. (Philippians 3:13-14 MSG) God definitely did some amazing things in all of our hearts this past weekend, and I pray that everyone continues on the path God has set out for them, though we may stumble and Fall, we must remember we ARE NOT alone. I love this entire group so much. Thank you for allowing me to come with y'all!"
 
(Hebrews 12:1) "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us" Now, if you’re like me, you spend your whole life in church being confused about something, but you're too afraid to ask anyone what it means. With this particular verse I always wanted to know, "who are the witnesses?!" I got my answer at church camp this year; our “witnesses” are the believers who have already went to be with the Lord.”
 
As you can see...lives were changed.  The only thing that I can compare it to would be the Day of Pentecost...when the Holy Spirit fell on the people and everyone was changed. 
[Acts 2:1-4 NLT] "On the day of Pentecost all the believers were meeting together in one place.  Suddenly, there was a sound from heaven like the roaring of a mighty windstorm, and it filled the house where they were sitting.  Then, what looked like flames or tongues of fire appeared and settled on each of them.  And everyone present was filled with the Holy Spirit and began speaking in other languages, as the Holy Spirit gave them this ability." 
We did not speak in different languages...but our kids (and some adults) changed before our eyes and began to speak their testimonies in front of everyone with  great boldness.  It was pretty amazing...we saw God at church camp. 
 
I Saw God at Church Camp
by: Sherri Mayo 8/4/15
 
I saw God at church camp, when so many hands were raised
In worship to their Father: not embarrassed, not ashamed
 
I saw God at church camp, when I prayed over a doubting soul
She came alive right before my eyes, then proclaimed her salvation to all
 
I saw God at church camp, when He increased my faith
He used a needle in a haystack to prove His power that day
 
I saw God at church camp, in the tears of a broken child
In the sharing of her struggles and her boldness to walk the aisle
 
I saw God at church camp, when a whole family was restored
Forgiveness overcame the hurt through the power of the Lord
 
I saw God at church camp, when the shyest boys I know
Held nothing back, stood up and went to pray with a struggling soul
 
I saw God at church camp, when my own timid child
Began to speak out boldly and transformed before my eyes
 
I saw God at church camp do things that I couldn’t have dreamed
He impacted each and every life in a way I can’t even explain
 
I saw God at church camp, in each sweet tear-stained face
Who left that place on fire for God, determined to finish the race
 
I saw God at church camp, He made His presence known
We may not have been at Pentecost, but it’s as close as we’ve ever come.   
 
 
 
 

No comments: