Scripture Lookup

Scripture Lookup (Reference or key words)

Friday, May 10, 2013

Her Children Arise and Call Her Blessed

The Proverbs 31 woman...we have all read about her.
  She is SUPER-woman...and she reminds me of my mother. 



"She gets up while it is still night; she provides food for her family."
My mother is THE BEST cook I know.  To this day, she loves to cook.  When I was a little girl, I remember her cooking three meals a day for us.  Breakfast every morning (actual eggs and bacon and such!), lunch and dinner on the table every night.  She could always whip up a meal at the drop of a hat...and it always tasted so good.   

"She sets about her work vigorously;
her arms are strong for her tasks.
She watches over the affairs of her household
 and does not eat the bread of idleness."
My mother is the most productive woman I have ever known!  She could clean house, cook 3 meals, do laundry, and plant/grow/harvest a garden...all without even blinking an eye.  Idle?  Never.  Even now, at her age, she has more energy than I do!   

"She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy."
My mother is the most generous person I know.  If my mother finds out that ANYONE around her has a need, she will be the first one to jump in and try to take care of it.  Growing up we always had stray animals and stray children at our house!!  She tried to take care of everyone.  Still does today...just ask her neighbors!  

"Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
 but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised."
Although she would argue this point, I believe my mother is the most beautiful woman in the world!  The love and joy that beams from her face makes everyone fall in love with her.  The fact that she loves and fears the Lord just adds to her beauty.

 
"Honor her for all that her hands have done,
 and let her works bring her praise at the city gate."
This weekend, as we celebrate Mother's Day, I just want to honor my mother for all that she has done...too many things to even begin to list, but the Lord knows!  I praise her for her good works and for her abounding love!!

    "Her children arise and call her blessed"
Blessed.  What a wonderful adjective to describe my mother.
She is blessed!  And so is everyone that comes into contact with her.  


Happy Mother's Day Mama!!!
  I love you more than words can express!!!

No comments: