Scripture Lookup

Scripture Lookup (Reference or key words)

Friday, June 10, 2011

Why Me Lord

When things of this life don’t go my way, when there is too much month at the end of the money, when there is sickness and pain and death all around me…when anger and strife and worry rule my household…when it seems that satan is running rampant and no one seems to care…do I cry out “Why me, Lord?”  Do I curse or blame God?  Do I not trust that God can handle the situation?

If I am human, then yes, I do question “why”…but when I read God’s word and study His many promises, that question is always answered.  James tells us: “Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy.  For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow.  So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing.”  (James 1:2-4)

Faith is like a muscle…if you don’t exercise it, it will not grow.  Every stumbling block that satan throws at us, God will use to grow our faith- IF WE LET HIM. 

Hold on to these promises:

Phil 4:19 NLT - And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.

Isaiah 54:17 KJV - No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper;

1 John 4:4 NIV - You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.

Psalm 91:9 - 12 NIV - If you make the Most High your dwelling--even the LORD, who is my refuge--then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent.  For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways;  they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.

I pray that we will stop asking “Why me, Lord”  and start asking “What are you going to show me through this trial, Lord?”    I know it is easier said than done, but if God is for us, who can be against us? (Romans 8:31)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very good my friend. if we will just read and believe psalm 91 we would have no worries...