Scripture Lookup

Scripture Lookup (Reference or key words)

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Glory

The definition of glory is: the manifestation of God's presence.  In other words, the presence of God being seen or felt through something or someone.  We have heard about it, read about it, sang about it and said the words many, many times, but have we ever REALLY understood God’s glory?

In the old testament, God’s glory (or presence) was found in a tent, a tabernacle, a cloud, a bush, and on a stairway to Heaven!  In the New Testament, God’s glory is seen through Jesus Christ.   2 Corinthians 4:6 NIV “For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.” 

But not only is God’s glory found in Jesus, but because of Jesus, God’s glory can also be manifested in us!  When Jesus spoke to God in John 17 He said these words “I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me. Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world.”  John 17:22-24 NIV  

How can we say that we have no hope, no peace, no love, no POWER??  God shows His glory through us!  2 Corinthians 4:7 “But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all surpassing power is from God and not from us.”  We are jars of clay that contain God’s power!  Isn’t that amazing news?

Through our belief and trust in Jesus we have received the power of God…His GLORY.  When we are told to let our light shine…it is not light generated from us...it is the light of GOD’S GLORY within us.  Praise God!!  

No comments: